Becoming a Culturally Competent Individual
Join us for the fifth installation of our Continue the Conversation Workshop Series focusing on Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion.
The workshop provides an introduction to the framework and rationale for being a culturally competent individual in today’s global economy. Learn about the relationship between culture and diversity and begin to examine individual cultural background, including privilege. Develop understanding of how cultural values shape our attitudes and beliefs, and how these factors impact our behavior. Practice skills for respectful dialogue across differences, and explore how these skills can support us at work and in their community.
These workshops are a follow up and a continuation of the It’s Time Talk conversations started on March 28, 2018. Beginning with leadership, the workshop topics dive deeper into thought provoking training about becoming culturally competent.
Future topics include:
- Inclusive Leadership: Effectively Leading Diverse Teams
- Understanding and Managing Micro-aggression
- Strategies for Difficult Conversations & Understanding Cross-Cultural Conflict
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Individual
- Racism in Northeast Ohio: The Economic Impact
- Unconscious Bias: Causes, Impact and Remedies
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Organization