Becoming a Culturally Competent Organization
Join us for the final installation of our yearlong Continue the Conversation Workshop Series focusing on Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion.
Building on the knowledge and skills developed in the series. Participants will explore what cultural competence looks like at the organizational level. Participants will evaluate their organizations and develop and action plan to develop or improve organizational cultural competence. Topics include: cultural competence in the mission statement, policies, and procedures; supporting cultural, ethnic, and linguistic diversity at all levels of the organization; hiring and retention practices; measuring cultural competence.
These workshops are a follow up and a continuation of the It’s Time Talk conversations started on March 28, 2018. Beginning with leadership, the workshop topics dive deeper into thought provoking training about becoming culturally competent.
Future topics include:
- Inclusive Leadership: Effectively Leading Diverse Teams
- Understanding and Managing Micro-aggression
- Strategies for Difficult Conversations & Understanding Cross-Cultural Conflict
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Individual
- Racism in Northeast Ohio: The Economic Impact
- Unconscious Bias: Causes, Impact and Remedies
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Organization