Racism in Northeast Ohio: The Economic Impact
Join us for the sixth installation of our Continue the Conversation Workshop Series focusing on Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion.
This program will allow participants to take a deeper dive into how racism impacts our community. Whether it’s institutional racism in housing and employment, or racially charged sports mascots, there is an impact on the community. Discussion topics will include: structural racism, health disparities, housing, recruiting and retaining talent, attracting businesses to our community, and immigration.
These workshops are a follow up and a continuation of the It’s Time Talk conversations started on March 28, 2018. Beginning with leadership, the workshop topics dive deeper into thought provoking training about becoming culturally competent.
Future topics include:
- Inclusive Leadership: Effectively Leading Diverse Teams
- Understanding and Managing Micro-aggression
- Strategies for Difficult Conversations & Understanding Cross-Cultural Conflict
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Individual
- Racism in Northeast Ohio: The Economic Impact
- Unconscious Bias: Causes, Impact and Remedies
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Organization