Unconscious Bias: Causes, Impact and Remedies
Join us for the seventh installation of our Continue the Conversation Workshop Series focusing on Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion.
Defining unconscious bias, and the cognitive processes which enable it. From a social psychology perspective, learn about stereotype formation and the use of cognitive dissonance to interrupt patterns of bias. Look at some common biases, and have a chance to explore and uncover some personal biases. Practice using tools and strategies to manage behaviors in work and community environments.
These workshops are a follow up and a continuation of the It’s Time Talk conversations started on March 28, 2018. Beginning with leadership, the workshop topics dive deeper into thought provoking training about becoming culturally competent.
Future topics include:
- Inclusive Leadership: Effectively Leading Diverse Teams
- Understanding and Managing Micro-aggression
- Strategies for Difficult Conversations & Understanding Cross-Cultural Conflict
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Individual
- Racism in Northeast Ohio: The Economic Impact
- Unconscious Bias: Causes, Impact and Remedies
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Organization