Inclusive Leadership: Effectively Leading Diverse Teams
Join us for the third installation of our Continue the Conversation Workshop Series focusing on Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion.
Micro-aggressions are defined as everyday verbal, nonverbal slights, snubs or insults, whether intentional or unintentional which communicate hostile, derogatory or negative messages to target persons based solely upon their marginalized group membership. In our society, any marginalized group can become targets of micro-aggressions. These everyday occurrences often go unnoticed by the majority, or can seem to be harmless or trivial. However, research indicates they can have a powerful impact upon the psychological well-being of minorities and marginalized groups, and affect their standard of living leading to inequities in workplaces, education, employment and health care.
These workshops are a follow up and a continuation of the It’s Time Talk conversations started on March 28, 2018. Beginning with leadership, the workshop topics dive deeper into thought provoking training about becoming culturally competent.
Future topics include:
- Inclusive Leadership: Effectively Leading Diverse Teams
- Understanding and Managing Micro-aggression
- Strategies for Difficult Conversations & Understanding Cross-Cultural Conflict
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Individual
- Racism in Northeast Ohio: The Economic Impact
- Unconscious Bias: Causes, Impact and Remedies
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Organization