Fast Track Training for Manufacturing with Paid Internship offered by Stark State College in partnership with ConxusNEO
Sep 07, 2018
Right Skills Now: Fast-Track Training for Manufacturing
The Right Skills Now Fast‐Track Training is a 500+ hour program that will prepare you for a career in the manufacturing industry, offering 10 weeks of evening training and an 8‐week paid internship. Right Skills Now is an acceleration of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) – Endorsed Manufacturing Skills Certification System.
- Evening program: 10 weeks (25 hrs/week) of hands on, classroom training in a lab environment starting at 4pm, M‐F.
- Opportunity to earn 2 certifications from the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS).
- All classes held at Kenmore Garfield High School in Akron.
- High school diploma or GED/HSE equivalent
- Skills validation of achieving a WorkKeys Assessment Level 4 in:
- Applied Math
- Locating Information
- Reading for Information
- Ability to attend all program sessions
- Ability to pass a drug screen
- Background check prior to internship employment
Program Cost $3,400:
- Classroom training of 250 hours
- 10 college credits at Stark State College
- Machine Tools – 3 credit hours
- CNC Programming – 4 credit hours
- Blueprint Reading – 2 credit hours
- OSHA 10 Certification – 1 credit hour
- Measurement, Materials & Processes – non credit
- Tuition assistance and scholarships may be available to those that qualify
- 8 weeks at 40 hours per week
- Hourly wage no less than $12.00 per hour
- Full time employment not guaranteed at end of internship
- Receive 570 hours of training, including paid internship experience
- Receive NIMS certifications
- Obtain manufacturing skills which prepare you for a job in the manufacturing industry earning a starting wage of $13‐$16 per hour
Classes begin October 15, 2018. Contact Janet Miller if interested: 330‐494‐6170 x4249 or email@example.com