Nominations for the 2018 Academy of Leaders Induction Ceremony are now available!
Jan 22, 2018
The Akron Urban League announces their 93rd Annual Gala and “Academy of Leaders” Induction. The gala will be held on August 17, 2018 with a reception from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., dinner at 6:45 p.m. and program at 7:30 pm. This year’s gala will be held at the Grand Quaker Station, 130 East Mill Street, Akron, Ohio, 44325. This program will support the growth and expansion of our STEAM after school program.
This year’s Academy of Leaders Induction will honor seven women from the Greater Akron area who have contributed both personally and professionally in the fields of science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math. The Akron Urban League has elected to honor women in these areas as individuals in these fields will be the leaders of tomorrow. We want to honor them and those they touch to enter into these challenging but rewarding industries that will help to secure the future of the United States of America.
Whether teaching, performing in or language arts, scientist, all areas of engineering and technology, or a leader in manufacturing that uses STEAM to build or operate machinery, we want to recognize these women and share how they are impacting our society today and tomorrow.
Process for Nominations, Selections, and Candidate Notification:
- Nomination forms will be available on our website and available to the public and will be sent electronically to all of our current community partners by January 22, 2018.
- Nominations will be accepted through March 16, 2018.
- A committee made up of leaders from the fields of STEAM will review the nominations and make the selection by April 20, 2018
- Candidates will be notified between April 20 and May 18, 2018 with a press release being sent by May 21, 2018
- Interviews, photographs and videos of the candidates will be completed by July 13 with the gala being held on August 17, 2018.
Candidate Profile and Requirements:
Candidate must be a resident of Summit County
Candidate must be recognized among her leader(s) as an exceptional employee/leader or received award or recognition for exceptional accomplishment in the field of expertise
Candidate must have mentored or tutored others in the specific field of expertise
The Akron Urban League’s 93rd Annual Gala & Academy of Leaders Induction Ceremony is presented by KeyBank.