Employment & Training Services for Young Adults in Summit County
Helping the emerging workforce prepare for and find meaningful employment and to break the cycle of poverty by building skills needed to obtain and retain employment and to overcome any barriers. This is done through intensive case management.
Open to Youth ages 16-24 years
CCMEP/ School’s In provides employment and training services to eligible, low-income individuals based on a comprehensive assessment of employment and training needs, as well as basic skill assessment. Participants are provided services to support goals outlined in their individual opportunity plan, which may include support to obtain their high school equivalence, job placement, work experience, financial literacy, and other supportive services such as child care and transportation.
Provide or make available the activities and workshops including the 14 Youth Elements Services:
- Tutoring & Study Skills
- Alternative Secondary School Services/ Dropout Recovery Services
- High School Equivalency Prep
- Paid and Unpaid Work Experiences
- Occupational Skills Training
- Transition to Post- Secondary Education/ Training
- Career Training & LMI Services
- Entrepreneurial Skill Training
- Leadership Development
- Financial Literacy